Stomach crunches used to be the biggest trend for those who wanted to have a flat tummy. Now, there’s something new that revolutionary changed the fitness world in getting the effects in this issue: stomach vacuuming.Stomach crunches used to be the biggest trend for those who wanted to have a flat tummy. Now, there’s something new that revolutionary changed the fitness world in getting the effects in this issue: stomach vacuuming.
This exercise not only strengthens the deepest muscle in your abdomen (the transverse abdominal) but also activates it.
The performing of this exercise is very simple, by only contracting the muscles. With the proper performance, you’ll get a slimmer waistline and some other benefits, such reduced lower back pain and improved posture.
In the clinical context, the stomach vacuum exercise is known the abdominal drawing in the manoeuvre. Stomach vacuum is actually a pillar of both Pilates and yoga and it is focused on breathing.
How to Do the Stomach Vacuum
For the beginners is recommended to start with the most basic move known as the supine stomach vacuum. Here are the steps how to do the stomach vacuum exercise:
1) Start on lying, sitting or standing position or on your fours.
2) Your knees should be bent with your feet flat on the ground.
3) Intensely exhale as much as you can.
4) Pulling your belly button in, like you’re trying to reach your spine with it.
5) Stay in this position for at least 15 seconds.
6) Take small breaths if you need to.
7) Repeat the same for three to five times.
For more instruction see the video:
Some Tips for Stomach Vacuum Exercise:
- It is better to do the exercise in the morning while you’re still in bed.
- It works really great when done on an empty stomach.
- Harden the work pulling your stomach in with such intensity of the contraction,
- When you feel stronger, you passed the beginner phase, you can make the move harder. You can do it instead of on your bed, by using a chair. Sit up straight in a chair without an arm or backrest. You can do it in standing position or on your fours.
If you want to shape up really, this move should be done daily. In addition, to become slimmer, you still need to eat healthily and keep up with your other workouts.
Soon, your results will be seen in just a few weeks.