Do you eat beets? Well, if you don’t, after reading this article you will surely start consuming it on a regular basis. They’re extremely healthy and provide relief for a number of different health conditions.
The strong red color of beets is due to the anthocyanins which can be found in abundance in this healthy veggie. This compound also has anti-cancer properties.
Beets are rich in betaine, a natural anti-inflammatory agent, with enormous cardiovascular benefits, and a number of other vitamins and minerals, like iodine, potassium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, iron and vitamins C, B2, B1 and B12,
Consuming beets on a regular basis will provide the following benefits:
- They are excellent for body detox
- Can regulate high cholesterol level
- They strengthen your blood vessels
- Improve digestion thanks to the high amount of antioxidants, cellulose and pectin
- Improve blood flow
- Support your liver function and prevent liver disorders
- Can slow down premature aging
- Prevent anemia
- Improve performance, stamina and endurance
Beets can be eaten raw, baked, cooked or juiced, they’re healthy any way you prepare it. Just make sure you don’t throw away their leaves as they’re also rich in potassium (644mg in just half a cup of beets). According to studies foods with a high content of potassium and low sodium content can significantly reduce your risk of cardiovascular diseases (by 21%).