Stubborn belly fat can be extremely irritating. You can exercise daily and keep a healthy diet, but sometimes there’s still that last bit of belly fat that your body holds on to. Yoga alone won’t eliminate body fat, but when combined with other exercise and a diet free of junk food and harmful additives and chemicals, it can help to boost your body’s metabolism and strengthen your core to eliminate stubborn belly fat.
Practice these five yoga poses to get the toned belly you’ve been working for!
1. Cobra Posture (Bhujang asana)
- This pose can strengthen the ab muscles to reduce belly fat. It will also help to strengthen the upper body by creating a strong and flexible spine. To perform this pose:
- Lie on your stomach with your legs stretched out and your palms positioned underneath your shoulders.
- Your chin and your toes should be touching the floor.
- Inhale slowly and raise your chest upward while bending backward.
- Depending on your strength, hold this pose for 15-30 seconds.
- Exhale slowly and bring your body back to the original position.
- Repeat 5 times with the best time of 15 seconds in between each pose.
- If you are pregnant, have an ulcer, hernia or back injury, do not attempt this pose.
2. Bow Posture (Dhanurasana)
- This pose will strengthen your core and tighten your abs to help reduce belly fat. Rocking back and forth in this pose will stimulate the digestive system and fight constipation while allowing the body to stretch. To perform this pose:
- Lie on your stomach with your legs stretched out and your arms at each side of your body.
- Bend the knees and reach your arms back to your ankles or feet and hold.
- Inhale and lift your head, then bend it back while lifting your legs as high as possible.
- Try to hold this pose for 15-30 seconds and keep breathing normally.
- Begin to exhale and move back to the original position with your legs stretched out and your arms at your sides.
- Repeat at least 5 times with the best time of 15 seconds in between each pose.
3. Pontoon Posture (Naukasana)
- This pose will help to attack belly fat near the waist while strengthening the muscles in the legs and back. To perform this pose:
- Lie on your back with your legs stretched out but together, and your arms at your sides.
- Inhale and begin to raise your legs, keeping them straight.
- Stretch your feet and toes and raise your legs as high as you can without bending your knees.
- Lift your arms to reach your toes and create a 45-degree angle with your body.
- Keep breathing normally and hold this pose for 15 seconds.
- Release and exhale.
- Repeat this pose 5 times with the best time of 15 seconds in between each pose.