Nowadays, we usually overlook the value of black pepper, but its amazing properties explain why it was so cherished by antiquity.
This precious spice was even used as currency and is now present on the tables in all restaurants we visit. Apparently, black pepper (the black pepper essential oil, in particular, offers a myriad of health properties that boost health in countless ways.
It has powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, analgesic, antibacterial, expectorant, stimulant, laxative, febrifuge, diuretic, anti-arthritic, circulatory, anthelmintic, diaphoretic, aphrodisiac, anticatarrhal, rubefacient, and carminative properties.
This essential oil can be inhaled, applied topically, or ingested.
Here are the health benefits depending on the way you use it:
- This essential oil relaxes the mind, eases mental stress, and helps people to deal with the stress of smoking cessation.
- You should use this oil in moderation, or mixed with some carrier oil since it causes an intensive warming sensation.
- You can use it as a massage oil to relax the muscles, and its potent antispasmodic and muscle- relaxing properties relieve cramps.
- Moreover, it eliminates excess uric acid deposits in the body, thus reducing the symptoms of gout, chronic arthritis, and rheumatism.
- The oral consumption of black pepper essential oil supplies the body with strong antioxidants called Sesquiterpenes, which promote sweating and urination, and thus detoxify the body.
- It also helps digestion, boosts bile production, and increases the production of other acidic juices in the stomach, which easily break down food.
Therefore, this essential oil heals and soothes both, the body and mind, so you should start using it, and reap its benefits.