There are wide range of natural remedies for treating skin issues and improving the skin quality. One of the most powerful and natural remedies which can be used for the skin is turmeric. Turmeric is an amazing spice which has a wide range of benefits. This versatile ingredient comes from India and it is mainly used in cooking. However, it is also used in dyeing and as part of various homemade beauty treatments.
Turmeric can be used as a face mask. The mask we will present you today provides some amazing benefits. Thus, turmeric mask is a solution for numerous cosmetic issues including acne, eczema, redness, inflammation, dark spots or under eye circles, unwanted facial hair, and wrinkles. What’s more, this mask will eliminate acne, redness, and inflammation, lighten the skin and reduce the unsightly pores.
GOLDEN MILK FACE MASK
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ a teaspoon of ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- ½ a teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 crushed green cardamom pod (optional)
- 1 small cinnamon stick (optional)
- First, heat the milk and add the cardamom and cinnamon.
- Then, add the turmeric, pepper, honey and coconut oil and stir constantly.
- You should heat the mixture until steaming but not boiling.
- Next, strain the cinnamon and cardamom and the mixture is ready.
- However, remember that not all ingredients are soluble, so you should stir the mixture occasionally while drinking.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF TURMERIC
Turmeric provides various health benefits. These are some of its most prominent health benefits:
- Prevents Alzheimer’s disease;
- Controls diabetes;
- Prevents arthritis;
- Boosts digestions;
- Heals wounds;
- Prevents cancer;
- Detoxes the liver;
- Improves the mood;
- Keeps the heart healthy.