Eczema refers to a group of health conditions that manifest through severe skin irritation and inflammation. It affects about 3% of adult Americans and 20% of all children.
Atopic eczema is the most common form of eczema. It is characterized by the itchy and inflamed skin. Those who deal with this problem may also get rashes on the face, wrists, knees, hands, and the soft skin behind the knees. Sometimes rashes appear over the entire body.
The itchiness sometimes develops to the point where the affected individual cannot hold the urge to scratch the spot until it bleeds.
There are many pharmaceutical solutions to this problem, but some of the lotions and OTC drugs may cause terrible side effects. Instead of reaching for conventional medication, consider trying apple cider vinegar. It is super simple, yet effective remedy for eczema.
You can boost its power by combining it with other mighty ingredients. But first, let’s go through the healing properties provided by apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar kills off bacteria that causes eczema.
- When used regularly, its strong anti-fungal and antibacterial potential prevent bacterial growth.
- Beta-carotene in apple cider vinegar stimulates cell renewal.
- It provides healthy skin complexion.
- Apple cider vinegar is packed with potassium.
- This mineral is known for its ability to alleviate allergy symptoms.
- Potassium also balances the skin’s pH and has the role of an astringent agent.
- In addition to its mineral and vitamin content, apple cider vinegar is also high in fiber.
- It helps your body to eliminate any toxins that may trigger the occurrence of eczema.
- Preventing eczema means enhancing your immune function.
- Apple cider vinegar contains some great nutrients, including acetic acid, vitamin B1, pectin, minerals, mineral salts, and riboflavin.
- These contribute to an optimal immune function and relieve eczema.
- Apple cider vinegar does miracles to dry skin, and dry skin is tightly connected to the appearance of eczema.
- Use it to relieve any unpleasant itching.
- Use apple cider vinegar in combination with other beneficial ingredients.
Try different homemade remedies, and make sure apple cider vinegar is the start of each recipe.
Apple Cider Vinegar Solution
Believe it or not, apple cider vinegar aids in the treatment of eczema, thanks to its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- 2 tbsp raw and organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2-3 cotton balls
Steps of application:
- Combine the ingredients together, and stir well.
- Soak your cotton ball in the solution, and apply it directly to the area.
- Repeat the treatment until you notice some great improvement.
If you have sensitive skin, alter the ratio, and use half a cup of water and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.