Medical experts explain that not that long ago, eyesight deterioration was primarily caused by aging, but over the last several years as a result of screens and artificial lights, vision deterioration became a problem for much younger persons.
Statistical data shows that the general rate of vision deterioration is accelerating at an alarming pace and doctors say that the situation is really serious. Namely, there are 35-year-old patients who have the sort of eye damage that was once seen in 75-year-olds.
Even though stronger glasses prescriptions seem to be the only solution for people who are dealing with vision loss, there are ways to combat vision loss and prevent further damage.
Below we are going to present you 7 exercises that will help you to improve your eyesight.
The Pencil Trick
- According to a research published in the Middle East African Journal of Opthalmology, “the pencil trick” exercise is an alternative to expensive professional eye therapy.
- How to do it? If you wear glasses, take them off. After that, grab a pencil and hold it in front of you at arm’s length. You should focus on the pen tip with both eyes and then slowly begin to move the pencil towards your nose. You should stop moving when it disappears. Repeat this simple exercise about 10 times every day.
Writing On The Wall
- The “Writing On The Wall” is a trick invented by the expert eye firm Lasik MD.
- In order to do this trick, you should sit down in a chair that’s facing a wall. Make sure that the chair is several feet apart from the wall. Now, using only the movement of your eyes – you should not adjust your head – try to trace a word on the wall using your imaginary eye ink.
- Medical experts explain that the bigger the letters the better the effect is.
- It is scientifically proved that the sunning process harnesses the most powerful thing we can see from Earth, which is the sun, and then converts it into an eyesight-healer.
- Go outside on a sunny day and sit facing the sun. Then, close your eyes and allow the sunlight to fall directly on your eyelids for about 5 minutes. Open your eyes and you should notice that your eyesight is a bit clearer. While performing the sunning you should not wear contacts because the lenses will produce heat that severely can damage your eyes.
Ginkgo Biloba Supplements
- Scientists explain that Ginkgo biloba is one of the oldest living species of tree on the planet.
- Since ancient times this plant has been used as a natural treatment for various ailments and diseases, including vision loss.
- Scientific studies have proved that ginkgo biloba has the ability to improve eye health by boosting the blood circulation and repairing oxidation damage to the organism.
- You can take ginkgo biloba supplements and doctors explain that standard daily dose for repairing the eyesight is 120 mg.
- There are numerous studies which have proved that Vitamin E is extremely beneficial for the eye health. Namely, the vitamin E is an antioxidant that has the ability to reverse cataracts, and this medical condition is the leading cause of blindness in the world.
- Almonds are a rich source of vitamin E. Doctors recommend eating a handful of almonds on a daily basis.
- Fennel seeds are extremely efficient in reducing eye pressure and in that way these seeds support the blood vessel dilation. Studies have proved that in the long term, fennel seeds prevent glaucoma – a medical condition can result in progressive eye nerve damage.
- In order to improve your eyesight, it is advisable to prepare a mixture of almonds and fennel seeds. Take 1 cup each of almonds and fennel seeds and put them in a blender. Blend until you get a fine powder. Eat 1 tablespoon of the resulted mixture every day before bedtime and then drink a glass of warm milk. Do this for a minimum of 40 days.
- Indian gooseberry has a high vitamin C content and also offers powerful antioxidant capabilities which make it extremely beneficial for strengthening and improving the eyesight.
- In order to improve your eyesight, it is advisable to use Indian gooseberry powder. Prepare a mixture of 2-4 teaspoons of the powder and some water and honey. Drink this mixture every day for at least a few months.