Dreaming of having a FLAT STOMACH…We all know that belly fat is the hardest to get rid of. If you want to lose your belly fat, then it is very important to be physically active. Being active will boost the weight loss process and strengthen your abdominal muscles.
However, many people hate doing sit-ups. Luckily, fitness experts have found a new fat-burning exercise which can replace 1000 sit-ups.
This exercise is called the plank and it is static, but all the weight of the body lays on the toes and hands, whereas the body is straight as a board. Namely, the body is unable to move an inch which enables the belly to become flat.
The exercise needs to be done several times per week for 10 minutes. Take a look at all the instructions:
- Put the palms firmly on the floor and then stretch the shoulders so that they are distant from each other as possible.
- The neck needs to be elongated. Even though the focus in on the abdominal muscles, your legs will also feel pressured.
- If not, then set your heels further relying on the toes of the feet so that the quadriceps are more tensed and then squeeze the buttocks muscles in order to activate the muscles in the lower part of the body.
Nonetheless, don’t raise the buttocks, but hold them lower. The body needs to be straight and not in triangle shape. Breathe in and out.
- Holding the body in the adequate position is very important. For that purpose, imagine a glass of water balancing on your spine.
Next, press the knees and hands on the floor so that the wrists are aligned with your shoulders. The back needs to be straight.
- Look up 30 inches ahead of you, and, with the nose facing the floor, position the back of the head parallel to the ceiling. Afterwards, stretch the right leg to the back so that the fingers are bent and then extend the left one.
At this point, the whole body should rest on your toes and hands.
- Hold the position for 1 minute. Bend the knees and sit on the heels so that the big toes touch while the knees are separated. Next, lower them toward your thighs and lightly touch the floor with your forehead. Then, stretch out the arms in front of you and relax.
Do three repetitions and when you get used to the exercise, do it for more than 60 seconds.
The HealMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.