Coconut oil is one of the most versatile and healthiest things we can use. It provides a myriad of medicinal uses, and apparently, it is excellent for our dental health. Numerous doctors maintain that oral infections are the root causes of multiple serious illnesses, such as heart diseases, dementia, strokes, and respiratory issues.
Yet, the commercial toothpastes are full of harmful chemicals and irritants. Most of them are loaded with aspartame, triclosan, fluoride, and sodium lauryl sulfate, all of which are highly dangerous. For instance, Triclosan impedes the function of the endocrine glands, and sodium lauryl sulfate affects the taste buds.
On the other hand, this miraculous oil has potent antibacterial properties, and the digestive enzymes it contains provide an ability to destroy bacteria. Tooth decay in both, children and adults, is caused by S mutans and streptococcus.
According to Dr. Damien Brady, lead researcher at the Athlone Institute of Technology, coconut oil is a potent alternative to chemical additives as it is high in adjusted enzymes, and provides amazing effects at significantly reduced concentrations.
Here is how to make homemade coconut oil toothpaste:
- Half cup of coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 15-30 drops of essential oil (lemon, peppermint, thieves)
- Mix the ingredients in a suitable container, and use the paste instead of your commercial toothpaste.
- To optimize your dental health, you should also try an ancient technique known as oil pulling.
- You should swish a tablespoon of this oil for 15-20 minutes on an empty stomach every morning. Then, spit it out and brush the teeth.
This practice will whiten the teeth and eliminate all bacteria from the oral cavity.