What even makeup cannot hide are your dark circles. Despite the flourish with which you apply your kajal, your dark circles are still visible, they make your eyes appear puffy, and you, sleep deprived.
Typically dark circles are caused due to an unhealthy lifestyle that includes poor meal pattern and eating a lot of junk, outside of lack of sleep and excessive stress. To prevent dark circles in the first place you need to sleep the requisite 7-8 hours, workout, eat complete meals, drink a lot of fluids, avoid taking too much stress, and most importantly, get off cigarettes and alcohol.
But in the interim, if you do have dark circles and are plagued with how to get rid of them, we have some amazing natural tricks using some basic kitchen ingredients.
1. Cucumber & Potato Pack:
- Grind a cucumber and pass the paste through a sieve. Add to the sieve the paste of one potato.
- Once you extract the juice, cool it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Now dip cotton pads in the solution and place it over your eyelids covering the dark circles.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it off gently. Do it every day for two weeks and you will notice the difference.
- Potato contains enzymes, starch and Vitamin C that lightens the dark skin around the eyes, while the cucumber serves as a cooling agent.
- Also, potato cuts inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels under the eye which helps prevent dark circles.
2. Tomato, Lemon Juice, & Besan Pack:
- Chop a tomato finely and pass it through a sieve.
- Once you have extracted the juice, tip in half a teaspoon of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder, and two teaspoon gram flour, better known as besan.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly to an even consistency.
- Now apply it to your dark circles in a generous coat.
- Allow it to dry for about 20 minutes, and then rinse off with cool water.
- Do this daily for about two weeks and your dark circles will vanish naturally.
- Tomato’s bleaching properties help lighten the skin under the eyes that are dark and swollen, and gram flour and lemon juice serve as great nourishing agents and astringents in eliminating dark circles.
3. Mint & Lemon Pack:
- Grind into a thick paste a handful of mint or pudina leaves.
- Pour it into a bowl and squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the mix.
- Blend thoroughly. Now apply it to your eyes covering the dark circles.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
- Your eyes will feel refreshed instantly.
- Repeat this ritual daily for about two weeks and you won’t have dark circles anymore.
- While the menthol in mint improves the blood circulation under the eyes, its antibacterial and antiseptic properties fight the toxins that damage the under eye skin.
- Vitamin C in mint promotes elasticity of the skin and keeps it firm.
- Not to menion, lemon juice acts as a natural astringent that fades out the dark color under the eye.