As a general rule, we are grateful for our jobs. However, one thing that you definitely don’t like about your desk job is how it has affected your health.
People find it quite hard to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle while working 9 to 5. And though the long term implications are scary enough (cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, Cancer to name a few) the short term effects too cannot be ignored. We have 7 exercises, which will tone your midriff and can be done right on your office chair.
1. Knee to Chest Lift:
It will help in strengthening the muscles of your abdomen and will enhance the burning of fat.
- Sit straight on a chair, without your back touching it.
- Keep your feet hip-width apart on the floor.
- At first, bring the right knee up to your chest. Apply pressure on your shin with your hands if needed.
- Repeat it 10-15 times each for both knees.
2. Double Knee Lift:
This will give a gentle yet effective workout to all your belly muscles.
- Sit in the same position as the previous exercise.
- Keep your legs together and support yourself by holding the sides of your chair.
- Bring both the knees up to your chest.
- When you go down, don’t let your feet touch the ground.
- Do it for 10 to 20 times.
3. Double knee lift combined with side Bends:
This exercise will burn the fats from your sides.
- Repeat the same posture.
- Keep yourself supported with the side of the chair.
- Bend your entire body to the right side.
- And in this position bring your knees to your chest.
- Get back to the initial position. Do it for the other side.
- Do it 10 to 20 times.
4. Knee to Elbow Lift:
- Sit in the same posture.
- Place your hands on the back of your head.
- Lift one knee to your chest and extend the opposite elbow to touch it.
- Get back to the starting position. And repeat it for the other side.
- Do it 15-20 times.
5. Toe Touches:
- Burns the fat from your sides and glutes.
- Sir straight on your chair and spread your legs wide apart.
- Keep your arms in front of you at the height of your shoulders.
- Bend your body sideways and touch the toe of one leg with the opposite hand.
- Stay like this for a few seconds.
- Get back to the initial position.
- Now do the same for the other side.
- Do it 15-20 times, each side.
- Stand next to the chair and place one hand on its arm.
- Extend your hand above your head and raise the same leg, bend it at the knee to bring the heel near the bum.
- Lower the hand so that it can touch the heel.
- Repeat it for one side at least 15 times. And then do it for the other side.
7. Full Body Lifts:
It works on the muscles of your back, shoulders as well as the belly.
- Sit on your chair, hold onto the sides tightly.
- Raise your body. Your legs and hips should be in the air.
- Try raising your knees to your chest.
- Hold it for 15 seconds at least, before lowering your body.
- Do it for 4 times at least.