Exercise is the best remedy for losing weight around the belly and burning calories helps ensure that weight. The traditional methods such as running, crunches, sit ups and jumping jacks are very effective if they are done over time constantly and you monitor what you eat.
Yoga is a great supplement to the traditional exercises.
Yoga can help burn a ton of fat and burn calories which will all contribute to weight loss and weight management. It’s very hard nearly impossible no matter what anyone tells you to target specific weight loss on your body as certain exercises are made for areas, but it’s up to your body’s makeup to lose the weight. While you do the yoga exercises you need to ensure that you keep your ab muscle engaged and tight so they feel a burning sensation.
1. Pavanamuktasana: (Wind Relieving Pose)
As its name suggests, the wind relieving pose is great for eliminating abdominal gas to relieve bloating.
- Since your knees are blended up to your tummy, holding this yoga pose for more than a minute helps in triggering the burning of fats in the abdominal area.
2. Uttanpadasana: (Raised Foot Pose)
This classic pose is reportedly one of the most effective postures.
- Not only it helps in getting rid of the dreaded lower-belly fat, hips and thighs, the raised leg pose is also great in treating back pain.
3. Building a Bridge:
This pose take us a little bit of time to work towards, you cannot just jump both feet forward into this pose it’s not possible you may injure yourself. Flexibility and strength comes with time, diving into a pose like this can lead to multiple injuries.
- To start this pose lie flat on your back with knees bent and keep your feet planted firmly on the ground.
- Extend your arms along your side and press your palms firmly on the mat.
- Remember to breathe, and slowly lift your hips towards the ceiling, and fully engage your belly muscles.
4. Camel and Your Core:
Its very true you can work your belly and abs in the camel pose. In this pose your ab muscles start working very hard to support your gentle back-bend.
- To start this pose kneel on your yoga mat and keep your shins and feet extended directly behind you.
- Place your hands directly on your hips, and start lifting through your sternum and gently press your hips forward.
- Lie flat on the floor with your arms by your side.
- With exhalation you lift both of your legs straight in the air and at the same time lift your upper body from the ground with your arms stretched out towards your legs.
- Hold the posture until you feel your muscles getting tired and slowly place your body back onto the floor.
- Increase the length of holding the yoga posture with each time you practice.
- Lie down on your abdomen with chin touching the ground. Both your toes should be kept together and they should be turned outwards.
- Rest your two hands in front of your head and palms should touch the ground. N
- ow stretch your hands backward without bending elbow.
- Lift your upper body and your hands will remain straight.
- Bend your Head backward and count in this position.
- Then turn back to normal position by lowering down your upper body and relax.
7. Marjariasana or Cat Pose
This is a very easy yoga pose that will help in lower the belly fat by contracting the abdominal muscles. Apart from melting the fat in your abdominal area, this asana will also improve the flexibility of your spine.
- Sit on your knees and then raise your body in such a way that it is parallel to the floor.
- Your body weight should rest on your knees and palms.
- The knees should be spaced so that your body weight is equally distributed on both the knees.
- Keep a straight head pose.
- Lift your head in a way that your body takes a concave structure.
- Push your back down and lift your head.
- Tighten up your buttocks and abdomen to feel the contraction.
- Hold onto this yoga pose for 20 to 30 seconds initially and then keep it for a minute.
- Exhale and come back to the original position.
- Practice this 10 times in a day as a beginner and then work it up to 30 times a day.